Ok, so my food photography needs some work but I can happily report that it tasted fantastic and it even had the man who is a baker by trade reporting back how yummy it tasted. Not even he could believe I had made it using products from Morrisons Savers range. Making a cake really can be a cheap activity for you to do with your little ones, I find that Oli appreciates food more if he's had a input into the making of it. Find the recipe for this Lemon Drizzle Loaf below...
2 x packets of M Savers Cake Mix
2 x eggs from store cupboard
4 x tablespoons of M Savers Lemon Curd
Juice and zest of 1 M Savers Lemon
Each serving provides
Energy (kcal) 246 calories 12% GDA*
Fat 6.6g 9% GDA*
Saturates 2.4g 12% GDA*
Sugar 21.4g 24% GDA*
Salt 0.4g 7% GDA*
*Of Guideline Daily Amounts for adults : 2000kcals,
90g Sugar, 70g Fat, 20g Saturated Fat, 6g Salt.
Makes 10 slices of cake
Preparation time: 5 mins Cooking time: 40 mins
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Line a one litre loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Mix up the cake mix as instructed on the packet using the eggs and water.
- Stir two tablespoons of lemon curd into the cake batter.
- Pour the cake mix into the tin and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until the centre of the sponge springs back when pressed with your fingertips.
- Remove from the oven and repeatedly pierce the top with a kebab skewer.
- In a bowl, mix together the leftover lemon curd and lemon juice and zest. Pour over the cake and allow to cool in the tin.